Made me feel very comfortable
Medical Esthetics by Katie is proud to announce the addition of Microneedling to her New Westminster Skin Transformation Clinic – one of the most popular and effective skin-care treatment alternatives to laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling and other esthetic procedures.
If you desire the look your skin would receive with laser treatments, microdermabrasion or chemical peels, but are not able or willing to endure the cost and/or the process, Microneedling may be the perfect option for you. Microneedling skin transformation treatment has been designed for those that are serious about making changes to their skin. Dermapen uses very fine, surgical stainless steel needles to make channels into the epidermis and dermis to release growth factors and promote healing, this allows for the skin to start the process of creating new collagen.
Microneedling effects on the skin:
- Skin tightening
- Natural collagen induction
- Lifting and rejuvenation
- Improves stretch marks
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Hair regeneration
- Reduce hyperpigmentation and sundamage
- Acne scars, surgical scars and wound healing
- Minimizes pore size
- Improves skin texture
How Does Micro-needling Work?
The Dermapen™ offers unparalleled collagen induction by harnessing the body's innate ability to re-grow and repair the skin as a response to micro-damage. This small, hand-held device delivers up to 1,300 micro punctures per second into the skin, thus stimulating the production of collagen and elastin and normalizing various skin functions.
Dermapen™ controlled precision promotes the three phases of CIT mechanics, thus allowing for new collagen growth to occur.
The first phase begins with the release of the body’s own growth factors, followed by a cascade of new epidermal growth, fibroblast chemo-taxis, fibroblast proliferation, and matrix production.
This proliferation of the body's tissue continues to release growth factors from fibroblasts, keratinocytes and monocytes, culminating in the second phase of CIT mechanics, where production of collagen I, III, and IV, elastin, proteoglycans and glycosoaminoglycans, and the process of angiogenesis occur.
The last phase of CIT and the desired result of a Dermapen™ Treatment is the tissue remodeling process, where the skin’s vascular matrix matures, causing skin to tighten. The body’s ability to remodel and heal itself is at the heart of this amazing product.
Moreover, because the process never involves heat or thermal energy, does not use harsh chemicals or cause unnecessary trauma, the skin heals quickly, requiring virtually no downtime.
Because the process activated via microneedling essentially generates new healthy skin cells to replace aged or damaged ones, applications for the Dermapen™ are very diverse. The device has ben used to treat visible signs of aging, such as skin atrophy and wrinkles, as well as various types of scarring, stretch marks, several types of pigmentation disorders, sun damaged skin, hair loss, and much, much more.
Benefits of Microneedling:
- More effective treatment with less pain than laser
- Less epidermal damage than chemical peels, laser resurfacing or plastic surgery
- Effective on all body areas
- Treats all skin skin types and colour
- Can be easily combined with other skin transformation therapies for enhanced results
- Minimal recovery time compared with other treatments
- More cost effective the Fraxel skin rejuvenation laser treatments
Upper Body Treatments
- Face - $350 - 3/$788
- Face/Neck - $450 - 3/$1013
- Face/Neck/Decolette - $600 - 3/$1350
- Eye or Upper Lip or Forehead - $175 - 3/$394
- Neck - $200 - 3/$450
- Decolette - $350 - 3/$788
Lower Body Treatments
- Upper Arm (each) - $300 - 3/$675
- Upper Back - $800 - 3/$1800
- Lower Back - $800 - 3/$1800
- Full Back - $1200 - 3/$2700
- Hands - $250 - 3/$563
- Stomach - $800 - 3/$1800
- Breasts - $350 - 3/$788
- Buttocks - $500 - 3/$1125
- Upper Legs (each) - $300 - 3/$675
- Lower Legs (each) - $300 - 3/$675
- Scar - Breast Implants - $125 - 3/$281
- Scar - Breast Reduction - $250 - 3/$563
- Scar - Tummy Tuck - $375 - 3/$844
- Scar - Small (up to 4 inches) - $300 - 3/$675
- Scar - Medium (up to 8 inches) - $600 - 3/$1350
- Scar - Large (up to 16 inches) - $1000 - 3/2250
*Caution should be taken if you have an autoimmune disorder.
**It is best to discontinue use of supplements that may thin the blood for 10 days prior to treatment including, but not limited to, high dose fish oil and ginkgo biloba to minimize bleeding and bruising.
- Rejuvenation - 4-6 treatments / 4 weeks apart
- Acne Scarring - 6 treatments / 2 to 4 weeks apart
- Stretch Marks - approx. 10 treatments / 4 to 6 weeks apart