MBK Training - Gua Sha Holistic Facials
MBK TRAINING - GUA SHA Holistic Facials
MBK TRAINING SUMMARY:
Katie Marshall offers private, one-on-one or group Gua Sha Holistic Facial training to certified estheticians, cosmotologists and esthetician students. These are practical, hands-on training sessions in which the student performs the Gua Sha Facial with coaching and supervision by Katie Marshall.
What is a Gua Sha Holistic Facial?
Gua Sha is a traditional Chinese treatment that includes the use of a small jade board to gently massage, manipulate and stimulate specific energy points along the face and body, using a “scraping” motion which helps break up blood stagnation, release toxins, and promote lymphatic drainage.
Why Facial Gua Sha?
Facial Gua Sha is believed to stimulate blood circulation to the muscles, tissues and organs; detoxing the body of stagnate “Qi” reducing stiffness, pain and increasing mobility. Gua Sha is an eastern anti-ageing technique that we use in our latest eastern facial in conjunction with the Jade Rollers. This ancient tool is used in rhythmic strokes to massage, smooth and scrape the skin to release stagnation, muscle tension and tightness in the face. It irons out fine lines, tightens and speeds up the elimination of congestion such as eye bag.
Facial Gua Sha helps to decongest the skin and improve blood flow and circulation. The firm but gentle scraping movements encourage lymph drainage to the face and neck which detoxify, helping to clear sinus congestion, prevent acne, dark skin pigmentation and puffiness or dark circles under the eyes.
Facial Gua Sha Benefits:
- Tones the muscles of the face, instantly lifts, sculpts, contours and plumps the skin
- Relaxes muscle tension in the face and neck. Aids neck pain & headaches brought on by tight muscle or fascia
- Boosts blood flow & circulation
- Moves stagnant blood that contributes to dark circles & under-eye bags
- Helps the skin recover from blemishes & acne scars
- Prevents wrinkles and helps smooth existing lines
- De-puffs and slims the face
Facial Gua Sha Theory:
- Introduction to Chinese Medicine, the meridians and the five elements
- Origin of the Gua Sha tool and treatment
- Connection between Traditional Chinese Medicine and the skin
- Learn TCM meridians crossing the face and its distal points
- TCM face mapping and general skin conditions, the theory of beauty and wellness rooted in T.C.M.
The lymphatic system
Facial Gua Sha Practical & Techniques:
- Lymphatic drainage techniques over the face, neck, and décolleté. Demonstration and practice.
- Lifting techniques of the facial muscles, especially the eye and brow muscles
- How to use the Gua Sha tools
- Introduce and discuss different types of Gua Sha tools, as well as Jade Rollers
- How to properly care for the tools
WHEN and WHERE:
Training sessions are held at Medical Esthetics by Katie Skin Transformation Clinic in New Westminster and are scheduled individually with each student or in a group. Sessions must be scheduled 2~4 weeks in advance.
GROUP SESSIONS: 2-4 students
Please note you will be required to give and receive treatments as part of the group seesion course. Students work upon each other so no models are required for the training day. If a student has a contraindication to Facial Gua Sha, they are welcome to bring a model.
PayPal Invoice will be emailed to you with the option to pay in full or a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your reservation. The balance of tuition is due one week prior to the start of class.
Training participants must present proof of esthetics or cosmetology certificate or diploma, or, esthetic or cosmotology student status.
Basic knowledge of facial muscles and removal is required.
Students are encouraged to bring their own models. Models can be provided for an additional fee, based on availability.
Upon completion of each class, students receive a certificate of completion.
PLEASE BRING YOUR LUNCH:
Uptown New Westminster (6th St & 6th Ave) is surrounded by coffee shops and restaurants if you forget your lunch or want to eat out instead.
CLASS OFFERING 2019
~ Facial Gua Sha Facial: 5 hours of theory and practical hands-on training on 2-3 models. In this class the student will learn to perform a complete Facial Gua Sha Facial using a Gua Sha stone and Jade Roller. Cost $300+ GST
Email Katie today to schedule your private or group Facial Gua Sha training - [email protected]