skin care expert

  • Are You Sure You Have Oily Skin?

    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 - 6:41am

    It’s not uncommon for women to tell me during their Advanced Skin Analysis they have oily skin, when in fact, they actually have combination skin.


    What’s the difference?

    Oily skin is oily all over—not just the t-zone. Combination skin types experience two skin conditions on their face, oily and normal or dry. It’s tricky and difficult.


  • What is the best way to find a good Esthetician or Skin Therapist?

    Friday, February 19, 2016 - 6:02am

    This is a good question. In most provinces and states, Estheticians, also Medical Estheticians, also sometimes called Facial Specialist, Skin Care Specialist, or Skin Therapist, are regulated by the State Board of Cosmetology. In Canada, only Nova Scotia has Licensed Estheticians, the rest of the country is unregulated and education is not required. Many States have websites so consumers can check to make sure their specialist is licensed. Sadly, Canada has nothing like this.