Made me feel very comfortable
Medical Esthetics by Katie is proud to announce the addition of Microneedling to her New Westminster Clinic – one of the most popular and effective skin-care treatment alternatives to laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling and other esthetic procedures.
If you desire the look your skin would receive with laser treatments, microdermabrasion or chemical peels, but are not able or willing to endure the cost and/or the process, Microneedling may be the perfect option for you. This therapy is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment with quick recovery time and is designed to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production. This is a unique way to address and correct
- acne scars
- surgical scars
- chicken pox scars
- stretch marks
- wrinkles and upper lip lines
- hair loss
- lax skin
- sun damaged skin
- large pores and skin texture.
The goal in any facial rejuvenation treatment is to make the fibroblasts in the skin produce more collagen. Collagen provides the scaffolding and support-read volume and lift here- for your skin. Slathering on cosmeceuticals will help to build some collagen-but only about 10 percent of a cream can be absorbed by the intact skin. Remember, your skin is the barrier between you and the outside environment, it cannot be too porous or you would evaporate! By creating micropunctures with a microneedling pen or derma roller, about 80% of creams and serums will be absorbed. These tiny holes also stimulate the healing response in your skin. What is healing? the production of new , fresh collagen.
There is no risk of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (pigmentation of the skin as a result of skin trauma) as the melanocytes and dermis remain intact during treatment. This is the major distinguishing safety feature when comparing microneedling and other invasive procedures that are used to treat deep lines and depressed scars, including laser resurfacing, deep chemical peels and dermabrasion — all of which ablate the skin, making it thinner and progressively more prone to wrinkling.
Microneedling is a well established treatment option for acne scarring and pockmarks. It is a far more cost effective option than laser treatments and delivers very similar, if not better, results with repeated treatments.
As the skin has a memory and will seek to return to its previous state, it is recommended to have 3-5 sessions every 3-4 weeks, and to repeat treatments over a period of one to two years. I will assess your skin and devise a program that will best suit your needs and give you the best results!
Downtime is nominal. You will most likely experience a rosy complexion for a few hours following your treatment, looking like you’ve simply gotten a little too much sun. That will dissipate in the course of a few hours. By the next day, you’ll be able to use product and make-up and no one will know that you’ve just had a facial rejuvenation treatment! You can even go back to work that very same day!
Your skin will become more firm, as it regains its elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles will be visibly reduced, pores become finer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves for a more radiant complexion and youthful appearance.
Read Amanda Beisel, Owner of SKN Holistic Rejuvenation Clinic Inc.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLING INCLUDE:
- Lift and tighten saggy skin on the face and other parts of the body
- Repair sun damage
- Soften deep lines and wrinkles, including on the forehead
- Alleviate fine lines around the lips and eyes
- Improve appearance of scars from acne, surgery, or injury
- Firm thin, crepe-like skin under the eyes and across the entire face
- Reduce appearance of stretch marks — yes — it can be performed on the body as well!
- Lessen the appearance of large pores
- Lessen the appearance of acne, acne scarring, and decrease the frequency of acne breakouts
Buy a package of 3 for 25% off and get 3 complimentary 30min LED treatment added to your package $180 Value
Upper Body Treatments
- Face - $350 - 3/$788
- Face/Neck - $450 - 3/$1013
- Face/Neck/Decolette - $600 - 3/$1350
- Eye or Upper Lip or Forehead - $175 - 3/$394
- Neck - $200 - 3/$450
- Decolette - $350 - 3/$788
Lower Body Treatments
- Upper Arm (each) - $300 - 3/$675
- Upper Back - $800 - 3/$1800
- Lower Back - $800 - 3/$1800
- Full Back - $1200 - 3/$2700
- Hands - $250 - 3/$563
- Stomach - $800 - 3/$1800
- Breasts - $350 - 3/$788
- Buttocks - $500 - 3/$1125
- Upper Legs (each) - $300 - 3/$675
- Lower Legs (each) - $300 - 3/$675
- Scar - Breast Implants - $125 - 3/$281
- Scar - Breast Reduction - $250 - 3/$563
- Scar - Tummy Tuck - $375 - 3/$844
- Scar - Small (up to 4 inches) - $300 - 3/$675
- Scar - Medium (up to 8 inches) - $600 - 3/$1350
- Scar - Large (up to 16 inches) - $1000 - 3/2250
MICRONEEDLING SHOULD BE AVOIDED IF YOU:
- Have had treatment using Botox, Dysport, Juvéderm, or any dermal filler within two weeks of receiving microneedling
- Have had any type of facial ablation (microdermabrasion, chemical peel, laser treatment, etc) within six weeks.
- Have had any type of facial surgery within six weeks.
- Have used harsh products, including Retin-A, in the past 7-10 days.
- Have active acne.
- Have rosacea or psoriasis within the treatment area.
- Are currently pregnant.
- Have a fever blister. If you are prone to getting fever blisters or are known to have HSV (Herpes Simplex Virus) around the mouth or treatment area, you may need to take an anti-viral therapy for 3-5 days prior to treatment.
WHAT TO DO TO ENSURE YOU GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR MICRONEEDLING TREATMENTS?
- Make sure you are on a good home care program that consists of vitamin A serum, vitamin C powder, antioxidants and nourishing lipids. We also highly recommend using Stem Factor.
- Use a home care roller like Skin Spin, the highest quality skin roller on the market sold exclusively at Medical Esthetics by Katie. Using the Skin Spin weekly provides great results when combined with great skin care products. Adopting home skin needling into your weekly skin care routine will greatly increase the effectiveness of in clinic treatments and your prescribed home care, effectively exfoliate and boost the appearance of your skin.
*Caution should be taken if you have an autoimmune disorder.
**It is best to discontinue use of supplements that may thin the blood for 10 days prior to treatment including, but not limited to, high dose fish oil and ginkgo biloba to minimize bleeding and bruising.
- Rejuvenation - 4-6 treatments / 4 weeks apart
- Acne Scarring - 6 treatments / 2 to 4 weeks apart
- Stretch Marks - approx. 10 treatments / 4 to 6 weeks apart